Thursday, October 23, 2008

Recycling Matters


I was eating Annies Homegrown Cheddar Bunnies, when I noticed a note on the box that said something along the lines of "recycle me." I never knew you could recycle chip board boxes. I knew these boxes were made from recycled materials, but didn't realize you could recycle them again.

So, what else have I been throwing away that should have been in the recycling bin? Here's a quick list I found but check out the complete comprehensive grid for more detailed information.

-unbroken glass containers
-clean dry newspapers & inserts
-plastic stamped #1 or #2. (I had no idea that plastics stamped #3-7 can actually ruin a melt and usually end up in a landfill any way.)
-plastic bags
-mixed paper
-cereal & shoe boxes
-scrap aluminum & cans

You'll need to check with your town about what can be recycled where you live, but this should get you started. I was excited to learn that all those cereal boxes don't have to wind up in the landfill.

Be smart. Be bold. Be happi.
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment