Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Green Cleaning


I've been looking for an all-natural stain remover that stacks up to the bleach pen and Shout. With three small kids, I definitely have to have a stain solution so I can recycle clothes to my youngest son and still have them looking great.

Well, I think I've found an alternative. I tested the Pocket Charlie on one side of my son's shirt stained with chocolate and juice (I know, I know but it was Halloween!) and the other side of the same shirt with Shout. Guess what? There was no difference, both products totally removed the stain. In my book, Pocket Charlie was the clear winner because it worked just as well and it's clean, green and safe. I'm eager to test other Charlie Soap products especially since its a fellow North Carolina based company.

Now that I have an effective alternative for stain busting, I'll share some of my other favorite green products:

-Seventh Generation Dishwasher and Natural Dish cleaner
-Seventh Generation Laundry Detergent
-Mrs. Meyers Clean Day All Purpose Cleaner (the lavender smells amazing)
-Mrs. Meyers Liquid Hand Soap (again, big fan of the lavender scent)
-Vinegar or just plain lemon juice & water solution for hardwood floors & windows

Just look on the label of a non-green household product and it will scare the socks off you. I don't want all those chemicals in my house!

Be smart. Be bold. Be happi.
Molly

1 comment:

  1. I have been led to that Charlie's soap a couple of times. I think someone is telling me something! I think I will try out the stain remover and the soap next time I am in need!

    ReplyDelete