Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ramblings of a Maniac


It must be in my DNA but every time I have guests (which by the way is often)I go into hyper-drive clean freak mode. Rationally I know my house will never be as tidy as I'd like it to be, or will my loved ones judge the status of the abode, but I still find myself in a state of panic and frenzy.

As hard as I've tried to control this clean freak inside, it still manages to scratch and claw its way out of me. My husband, after nearly 10 years of marriage, has finally figured out a solution--he removed the kids from the situation.

Tonight, as I was scurrying about preparing for our Thanksgiving guests, he took the 3 kids on a daddy date. You know what? The kids had a blast! I cranked the tunes, poured myself a glass of wine(yes, I was drinking it with my rubber gloves on)and got on my hands and knees to get rid of that dirt that never seems to go away.

Although still frantic, I was able to focus on the task at hand and keep my cool, well, kind of, but I'm working on it!

Be smart. Be bold. Be happi.
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment