Monday, January 26, 2009

A Better Way to Wipe


It wasn't too long ago that I had two little ones in diapers--yea, you got it, diaper changes around the clock. Luckily, I'm down to just one who hasn't mastered the art of the potty, but diaper wipes are still one of the biggest waste factors in our household.

After an excellent tip from one of my favorite people on the earth and fabulous mother of five, I've fallen in love with washable flannel wipes by Bum Genius. I've gone from using 3+ wipes per change, to zero, zilch, nada. It's wonderful, I also purchased yummy Honey Chunks Soap for sensitive skin, which you just drop into a spray bottle with a cup of water, spritz the flannel wipe and voila--squeaky clean buns!

The best part of this new diaper wiping system is there are no chemicals. The soap doesn't have any Sodium Laureth Sulfates and is super gentle on soft parts. We used to struggle with rash issues every time I changed commercial wipe brands. We've been using the flannel wipes for almost two weeks and not a single red spot. Hooray--we're reducing waste, diaper rash and chemicals which makes mama happi.

Sometimes its the small changes, like switching to cloth napkins, that can have the biggest impact. Take a close look at where you stumble and make some earth-friendly adjustments.

Be smart. Be bold. Be happi.
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment